Integrate Phone Call Tracking with your Google Analytics account using CallRoot. CallRoot sends call data as an event to a goal that you have created on your Google Analytics account.
To integrate your Google Analytics account with CallRoot follow the steps given below:
- Click on Integrations from the side bar of your CallRoot dashboard.
- Look for Google Analytics from the list of integrations and click on “Connect” to connect your Google Analytics account.
- Enter the Google Anlaylitcs Account ID of the account you wish to connect and your website. Choose your respective Google Account profile type and click on Connect Google Analytics.
You can create a goal on your Google Analytics account by following the steps given below:
- Login to your Google Analytics account and click on Admin on the sidebar.
- Choose Account and Property where you like to create your goal.
- Click on Goals under the view section and then click on New Goal.
- Select custom under the Goal Setup section.
- Set Goal Name as “Phone Call” under the Goal Description section and select type as Event.
- Under Goal Details section set category of your goal equals to Phone and click on Save to activate your goal.
That’s it! Your calls will now be sent as an event on your Google Analytics account and will help you with tracking number of calls your CallRoot campaigns are getting, directly from your Google Analytics account.
How to view events, created by CallRoot, in your Google Analytics account?
Once you have setup goals on your Google Analytics account and connect your account on CallRoot, your goal will start receiving the call events and you will be able to see the report on Google Analytics after 24 hours. To know how the events are going to look in your Google Analytics account, follow the points given below:
- Click on Behaviour, on the sidebar of your Google Analytics dashboard, then click on Events and then Top Events.
- Your Top Events page should look like this, it contains the category of the event, created in steps given above.
- To see more information for the Phone event click on Phone under the event category column. Here you will see the Event Action which will contain the tracking number on which you received the call and campaign name associated with it.
Incoming Call via [Tracking Number] – [CallRoot Campaign]
- By clicking on any particular event action, you can see the details of the callers, such as from which number you received the call and Call N indicates whether it was the first call received from this number or the caller has called you more than once.
From [Caller’s number] Call [Number of Call]
- To track the source of each call, click on “Secondary dimension” drop-down above the Event table then click on “Acquisition” and select Source.