It is indispensable for any business to track the leads from the website and to determine which online campaigns are performing better than the campaigns which are running behind in the race. As it becomes quite evident that in order to survive in marketing space, a company should know where they should be spending dollars and where should they shift as needed.
That being said, it has become fairly simple to track the leads all the way back to the point of origin whether from organic search, referral visits, banner ads, social networking, pay-per-click (PPC), or other online marketing initiatives with- Dynamic Number Insertion.
Dynamic Number Insertion – Why & How?
Say you thought of expanding your business and thus have spent heavily on online paid search ads, in other words, PPC. With these paid searches you are able to drive more and more customer to your business or web leads to your website. The customer contacts you via email or any form fill and your conversion rate is skyrocketing. But, let’s say the customer, clicked on your company’s ad and decided to call your company while browsing on your website or just say the potential customer check’s out your offline ad that’s out for public in a form of billboard, hoardings or a newspaper ad, it’s then when this phone call conversion lose its visibility because now you have got no clue that which ad specifically drove the customer to you. The situation becomes even more tricky when the call volume is exponentially high. For the person in-charge of the advertisement department, it is highly imperative to know that which marketing strategies are gaining the business most conversion otherwise, it is just like making a wild guess with the marginal probability of being right.
It’s here when Dynamic Number Insertion, DNI comes at a rescue. Using DNI, you are able to assign a unique phone number to customer’s session while they are on your page. So, when they call directly you can track that conversion because of the unique dynamic tracking number. Here, at CallRoot we are using DNI technology to track the source from where the inbound calls are coming from.
How Dynamic Number Insertion Works?
CallRoot dynamically swaps phone numbers for each source via Dynamic Number Insertion. When visitors come to your site, the source of that traffic is noted, and a different phone number appears in the masthead of the page for each entry channel you are tracking, making it ideal to gauge the number of inbound phone calls generated from your online marketing campaigns. The website leads phone numbers are then fed into analytics for further review and tracking purpose. So, with this, you can easily attribute value to phone calls you receive and obviously measure your advertisement’s performance.
As an advertiser, it becomes important to know that which keyword and advertising channel are generating more conversion rate for the company. Higher the conversion rate, better is the Return on Investment (ROI) and vice versa. Because when you’re in charge of company’s advertising revenue, it is in your best interest only- to know about the advertisement that will give you handful of conversion rate. Otherwise, the money put on the Ads can be rendered all wasted if you don’t know which keyword or Ad is getting you more consumers to your business or more leads to your website.
Dynamic Number Insertion provides advertisers with the benefit of tracking the performance of specific keywords hence, advertisers can optimize their spend for the keywords that are driving more inbound calls and move under-performing keyword-search engine ad buys to more successful combinations that will generate them more website leads or potential customers to their business.
So, a point can be put across safely that Dynamic Number Insertion helps in delivering deeper insights into the customer’s journey and the behavior that drives searches, clicks and ultimately SALES. With one eye on Return on investment and other on sales, it can be said with a surety to Business people that the money they are spending on Ads, campaigns, keywords and other marketing initiatives will come right back to them with an added bonus. Isn’t that what we all want to know and get in return? The answer is obviously- Affirmative!
How Dynamic Number Insertion helps?
CallRoot helps you quickly setup call tracking into your website. When a visitor arrives at your website via pay per click, referral or any other marketing campaign that you have set up, a unique number is displayed every time a visitor arrives at your website.
So, let’s say I am surfing on a website and there I happen to see your website as a referral link. When I click on it, I am instantly taken to your website. I head towards the contact us section to make a call to one of your spokesperson and the number which I am dialing is actually the result of DNI. Dynamic Number Insertion swaps the destination number with the tracking number. So, you might have a handful of tracking number which is swapped to one destination number. For the tracking purpose, the number with which the destination number is swapped is taken and that is pretty much all about the DNI in nutshell for you.
You can choose the swap number from the pool of different numbers we provide here in CallRoot. For every trigger source, i.e the marketing initiatives via PPC, direct, organic, source or keyword tracking, you can have a swap number. With this thing so handy you can very well evaluate your marketing strategies for your brand.
You can even create a swap number for your offline banners and ads on newspaper, magazines, journals, hoardings, and billboards because it is as important as all other ad campaigns you are running online. For instance, you may have spent thousands of dollars on a billboard at a very prime location downtown but if no one is picking up the phone as a result of seeing that ad on which you have spent your marketing dollars on, then perhaps you have made a mistake.
There is no question that Dynamic Number Insertion will help you streamline your efforts by giving you a bigger picture of the sales you are getting per marketing campaign you are putting out, if implemented correctly, it is bound to give your business a good boost and a promising turnover as well. With DNI, you can demographic wise take a sneak peek into the world regions that are driving you the most sales and then you can pitch your sales accordingly.
How to setup Dynamic Number Insertion with CallRoot?
You can setup Dynamic Number Insertion when you make a new campaign in CallRoot. To get started with DNI, go through the following steps:-
When you are creating a new campaign in CallRoot, you will come across Campaign track settings. You can tweak things here and there and head start your journey by creating a new campaign. Starting with- you can circle any one of the five options we provide in CallRoot. Let’s pick these options one by one and check what purpose do they serve and how you can get them going for your specified marketing campaign for your brand/company.
- All Visitors (Recommended)– This option will encompass all the visitors that land up to your site via any source, be it paid ads, referrals, online/offline banners, organic search or direct. Here, you can feed in the destination number, the number that will ring whenever a prospect calls you but the number that is shown on your website will be the swapped out number. If the number of inbound calls you’re receiving is high you can create a pool of these swapped numbers for your ad campaigns.
- Paid Search Traffic– Choose this option when you want to analyze the traffic you are getting for your Pay-Per-Click Ads. To get started with it, you need to type in the Destination number which is your actual office number from where you will be taking up all the calls. This number is never shown on the website as it is replaced by a swap number. You can type in the number with which you want to swap your destination number as well under the field provided.
(If your inbound call volume is too high, you can create a pool of swap number according to your choice and demand.)
- Web Referrals– It is the traffic that comes to your website via direct links on other websites rather than via searches. To analyze the traffic via Web Referrals, you just need to fill in the box, the name of the website on which your website’s link is. Other things remain the same as in Paid Search Traffic with typing in the Destination Number, Number to Swap out with and creating a pool of numbers with designated area code.
- Online Banner Ad– A banner Ad or web banner Ad, is an advertisement displayed on the webpage. The prime focus of an online banner ad is to promote the brand and to bring the potential customer from host website to the advertiser’s website. Online Banner Ads are a great way to generate a lead, increase brand awareness and to retarget your audience, you can get the ball rolling with these ad banners. To start with the online banner campaign in CallRoot, type in the destination number and choose the tracking number from the list of eight. You can hit “Find Number” tab to shuffle through the different sets of number and then pick the number of your choice.
- Offline Banner Ad– The advertisement your company does on radio, television, magazines, catalogs, brochures, billboards, direct mail, encompasses offline advertisement medium. To get started with keeping a track on your offline advertisement campaigns follow the same steps as that for Online Banner Ad. Just type in the destination number and pick any number from the set of eight numbers available for tracking purpose.
Start your journey today with CallRoot and invest your marketing dollar to good campaigns. Get started with CallRoot and bring in a change to your marketing strategies.
The takeaways from the post
- Why is Dynamic Number Insertion important?
- How to setup Dynamic number insertion with CallRoot?
- Destination Number– Your primary business number is the destination number. It is the number to which all the calls are routed to.